Sorry, your browser is not compatible with this website.

This website uses technology supported by Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Chrome, Safari, and Safari mobile. Open with the latest versions of our supported browsers below.

What browser do I have?

We Provide Earthquake Insurance for Californians

California Residential Renters Earthquake Insurance Policies

California Renters Earthquake Insurance Policies

It's what's on the inside that counts

​Did you know? Most renters policies don't cover earthquake damage to your belongings—neither will your landlord's policy. They also won't help with living expenses if you need to move out temporarily following an earthquake. To cover what matters most, you need a separate earthquake insurance policy.​

A California Earthquake Authority (CEA) renters earthquake policy will help:

  • Repair and replace personal property, such as TVs and furniture.
  • Pay for loss of use and additional living expenses.
  • Cover emergency repairs, such as removing broken glass from furniture and clothing.
Coverage Renters Policy
Personal Property Included
Emergency Repairs Included
Loss of Use Included
Breakables Optional

Ready for the next step?

Read your CEA policy carefully

We encourage you to read your entire CEA policy to see what is covered and what is not. Exclusions and special limits apply.

All details, limits, and conditions of CEA coverages are found in CEA insurance policies. Refer to a Sample Policy, below, for the full terms and definitions.