The California Earthquake Authority (CEA) welcomes links to its Web site. If you want to link to the CEA's Web site, you may do so, provided you agree to the Link Conditions, below. By establishing a link to the CEA Web site, you are deemed to have agreed to the Link Conditions.
For www.EarthquakeAuthority.com, links may be established to any or all of the following pages:
- the CEA home page
- the CEA “Insurance Policy Information” opening page including linked pages for Homeowner, Mobilehome, Condominium, Renter, and Supplemental Coverage as well as “Rates & Premiums” and “Participating Insurance Companies.”
- the CEA “Premium Calculator” page
- the CEA “How To File A Claim” page
- the CEA “Agent Information” opening page
- the CEA “Adjuster Information” opening page
- any other featured areas of the CEA Web site designated by the CEA from time to time and noted here.
Links may not be established to any other pages of the CEA Web site without the CEA's prior written permission.
If you link to the CEA Web site, CEA grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to use CEA registered and unregistered marks (the "Marks") solely for the purpose of serving as a link from your Web site to the CEA Web site. Except for the limited license granted in this paragraph to use the Marks, you may not use any of CEA's trademarks or service marks for any reason without the CEA's prior written permission.
You acknowledge that all rights to each of the Marks, the content appearing on the Web site, and the look and feel of the Web site belong to CEA, and you agree not to directly or indirectly contest or infringe these rights.
If you link to the CEA Web site, your Web site:
- Should not create frames around CEA's Web site or use any technique that alters the visual presentation of CEA's Web site, except as provided below.
- Should not imply that CEA is endorsing you or your products or services.
- In the absence of any affiliation or business relationship with the CEA, should not state or imply an affiliation or relationship between your company and CEA without the prior written consent of CEA. If there is an affiliation or business relationship between your company and the CEA, it may be noted, so long as it is accurately described (example: “A participating insurer of the California Earthquake Authority”).
- Should not misrepresent your relationship with CEA or present false or misleading impressions about CEA's products or services.
- Should not contain materials that may be interpreted as distasteful or offensive; all materials should be appropriate for all age groups.
The CEA has no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site.
The CEA may at any time, in its sole discretion and with or without cause, immediately terminate your license to use the Marks and your right to link to the CEA Web site. If CEA exercises this right, you must immediately remove all links to CEA's Web pages and cease using the Marks.
The CEA may amend these Link Conditions at any time. You agree to abide by these Link Conditions and all other legal terms and conditions on the CEA Web site, as amended from time to time. All terms and conditions related to the use of the CEA's Web site will be construed according to the laws of the State of California, United States of America, without regard to its conflict-of-law provisions.
Limitations on framing and ‘deep linking’ on the CEA Web site
Certain users may wish to establish a "deep link" to some parts of the CEA Web site not noted above or frame some portion of the CEA Web site. These practices may be acceptable, provided you comply with all of the conditions, above, under "General" and those below as well.
[NOTE: CEA Participating Insurers that have entered into an insurer participation agreement with the CEA may establish a "deep link" to the Participating Insurance Companies page of the CEA Web site and frame that page of the CEA Web site, provided that you comply with all of the conditions, above, under "General" and below as well.
For all framing and deep-linking requests:
- You must submit for CEA's prior review and approval screen shots that display the method by which you would like to frame a page of the CEA Web site. CEA may withhold its approval, in its sole discretion.
- Any request for deep-linking, other than those specifically permitted above, must be approved in advance.
- If you have any questions about how to establish a "deep link" to the CEA Web site, if you wish to establish a deep link other than those pre-approved, or if you wish to frame any portion of the Web site, please contact the CEA.